20 DAY PR CHALLENGE
How to get more people to want to do business with you
If you’re struggling to market a start-up or a small business, this short series of ”how to” posts will give you a better understanding of how PR can help you grow – by getting you social, and getting you noticed.
Over a four week period, my daily (that’s Monday - Friday with “homework” over the weekend :)) posts and tweets will give you advice and tasks designed to raise your profile and increase the number of people who know, trust and like you and are therefore more likely to do business with you.
There’s nothing to invest – except your time!
You’ll learn how to:
- Use Twitter and Linkedin to find and engage with people who share you interests – and build a community that knows, likes and trusts you enough to do business with you
- Listen to what is being said online about your organisation, relevant business issues and industry news – so you can comment on or share this information with your community
- Make your Linkedin profile work harder – so you can network effectively online
- Use a social media dashboard to manage your tweets and status updates – including scheduling them to save time
- Identify stories about your business to share with different audiences and pick the best ways to reach them
- Find journalists who are interested in your organisation’s news and pitch story ideas to them
- Work with agencies or consultants on communications campaigns that will make a really positive difference to your customers, staff and most importantly your turnover!
If you have any questions during the course, I will answer as many of them as I can – so please email me email@example.com, tweet me or put them in the comments at the end of the posts. If I can’t answer any of your questions, I’ll do my best to find someone else from my network who can.
I’d also like you to share your experiences – where something has worked, or hasn’t worked…
So, enter your details in the sign up box at the top right of this page – FREE ONLINE COURSE: IMPROVE YOUR REPUTATION IN 20 DAYS – and click send to sign up for the course. If you decide it’s not for you just drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll take you off the list. If you prefer not to register, you can follow me on Twitter for links to the blog posts or just bookmark the blog and remember to come back!
If you follow my recommendations I am confident you will enhance your corporate reputation and see the benefit of investing in on-going PR and social media activities managed either in-house or by an agency or consultant you know, like and trust!
Day 1 Get ready for the party – don’t go out the door without getting ready to make the right first impression
Day 3 First impressions count! How to set up or complete your Twitter and Linkedin profiles to make sure they attract the right people
Day 4 Make the most of Linkedin & Twitter
Day 5 Integrate all your marketing activities – online and offline – and shout about them!
Day 6 How to identify and engage the people that matter to your business
Day 7 All dressed up and nowhere to go?
Day 8 How to pick the right parties to meet the right people
Day 9 Learn from the masters!
Day 11 How to give the people that matter to your business what they want
Day 12 Make sure you’re talking their language
Day 13 Be an honest expert
Day 14 How to find stories to keep the people that matter tuned in
Day 15 How to be a good media source
Day 16 My essential tools for reputation management
Day 17 What makes a good press release?
Day 18 Networking: My story
Day 19 Does reputation management work?
Day 20 Evaluation – #fail or #success?